Saturday 12 February 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jackie Torrence and Charles Pasarell.
Passage to Marseille, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Razor's Edge by W. Somerset Maugham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 February 1944 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Charles Pasarell: Tennis pro.
- Jackie Torrence: Story teller / artist.
- Moe Bandy in Meridian: Mississippi, USA; country vocalist (Just Good Ol' Boys).
- Desmond Nuttall: English educator.
- Moe Bandy: American singer.
- Pedro Barreto Jimeno: Peruvian religious.
- Wendell Wilkie (Republican) enters US presidential race.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- No Love, No Nothin' - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?