Saturday 12 February 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Pasarell and Jackie Torrence.
Passage to Marseille, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1944!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1944 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Charles Pasarell: Tennis pro.
- Jackie Torrence: Story teller / artist.
- Moe Bandy in Meridian: Mississippi, USA; country vocalist (Just Good Ol' Boys).
- Desmond Nuttall: English educator.
- Moe Bandy: American singer.
- Pedro Barreto Jimeno: Peruvian religious. Archbishop of Huancayo. On 30 May 1961 entered the novitiate of the Society of Jesus and was ordained priest on 18 December 1971. In July 1967 he completed philosophical studies at the Faculty of Philosophy of the Society of Jesus in Alcalá de Henares (Spain) in 1972 and studied theology at the Pontifical and Civil School of Lima. He also studied at the Private University Education "Marcelino Champagnat". Back to Peru, he was appointed Rector of the Diocesan Seminary "Heart o
- Wendell Wilkie (Republican) enters US presidential race.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 February 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- No Love, No Nothin' - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?