Tuesday 15 February 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tineke Netelenbos and Aleksandr A Serebrov in the USSR cosmonaut (Soyuz T-7.
Passage to Marseille, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 February 1944!
Which were the important events of 15 February 1944 ?
- John Frum Day in Vanuatu 
- Gummy Bear Day in United States
- National Day in Serbia
- Candlemas in Russia and other Eastern Orthodox countries
- Saint Siegfried of Sweden
- Saints Faustin and Jovita
- Saint Georgia
- Blessed Claude de la ColombiFre
- Flag Day in Canada
- Tineke Netelenbos: Dutch Member of Parliament (PvdA).
- Aleksandr A Serebrov in the USSR cosmonaut (Soyuz T-7: T-8, TM-8, TM-17).
- Mick Avory: British musician, a member of the rock group "The Kinks," internationally known.
- Marc Beriault: Canadian astrologer, author and teacher of occult subjects.
- Jean-Pierre Bisson: French theater actor and director, an enfant terrible at his best.
- Bombing and shooting at Monte Cassino convent Italy, begins
- 891 British bombers attack Berlin, Germany.
- World War II: The assault on Monte Cassino, Italy, begins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- No Love, No Nothin' - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?