Monday 28 February 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Colin Nutley and Win Aung.
The Falcon Out West, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1944!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1944 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Colin Nutley: Director / writer (Such is Life, Black Jack).
- Win Aung: Burmese politician.
- Sepp Maier: German soccer player and team manager, a goal keeper for Bayern Munich from 1962-1979, and with the West German national team during the same period.
- Kelly Bishop: Colorado, United States -- Actress (Unmarried Woman, Advice to Lovelorn).
- Edward Greenspan: Canadian lawyer and author (d. 2014).
- Storm Thorgerson: English graphic designer (d. 2013)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Merry Macs - Mairzy Doats
- Poinciana (Song Of The Tree) - Bing Crosby
- By the River of Roses - Abe Lyman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?