Sunday 27 February 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Fudge in Wichita and Lester Alberthal.
The Falcon Out West, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1944!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1944 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Alan Fudge in Wichita: Kansas, USA; actor (Man From Atlantis, Paper Dolls).
- Lester Alberthal: American CEO executive with Electronic Data Systems, an engineer in technical computer services.
- Ken Grimwood: American author (d. 2003).
- Graeme Pollock: South African cricketer and coach.
- Roger Scruton: English philosopher and author.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Merry Macs - Mairzy Doats
- Poinciana (Song Of The Tree) - Bing Crosby
- By the River of Roses - Abe Lyman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?