Wednesday 14 March 2007US date format: 3/14/2007, UK date format: 14/3/2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 14, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to This Is Why I'm Hot by Mims.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Reign Over Me, directed by Mike Binder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Prior Bad Acts by Tami Hoag was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blood Ties.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alliance of Valiant Arms or BlackSite: Area 51.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 March 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 14 March 2007 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 March
- Lucie Aubrac: French history teacher and member of the French Resistance (Born 1912).
- The Left Front government of West Bengal sends at least 3,000 police to Nandigram in an attempt to break Bhumi Uchhed Pratirodh Committee resistance there; the resulting clash leaves 14 dead.
- Four people die in a shootout in Greenwich Village in New York City. (AP via CNN)
- Twelve people die in Nandigram near Kolkata in India, as police shoot at farmers protesting the establishment of a special economic zone. (BBC)
- Nancy Worley, former Secretary of State of the U.S. state of Alabama, is indicted for violations related to solicitation of campaign contributions from Secretary of State employees. (Associated Press)
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, long suspected as the mastermind of the September 11, 2001 attacks, confesses to that and a string of others in a closed military hearing held at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba. (AP via CBS Atlanta)
- Dutch police seal off the streets of Ondiep in Utrecht on the second day of rioting. (Canada Free Press)
- The United States military states in a report that some aspects of the situation in Iraq could be described as a ampquotcivil warampquot. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- The United Kingdom Government wins the support of the House of Commons to update the Trident nuclear missile system. There was a significant revolt within the Labour Party, with two PPSs, Stephen Pound and Chris Ruane, resigning. (UK Telegraph)
- NASA announces that the Cassini spacecraft has captured images of several sea-sized bodies of liquid, likely hydrocarbons, on Titan, the largest moon of Saturn. (AP via Seattle Post-Intelligencer)
- An explosion at a gun shop in Kabul kills at least six people. (AFP via Melbourne Herald-Sun)
- Tonga is considering options for the redevelopment of its capital city, Nukualofa, after 2006 riots destroyed the CBD. (Radio NZ)
- The U.S. state of Colorado adopts ampquotRocky Mountain Highampquot, written by John Denver, as its second official state song. (Denver Post)
- The trial against former media baron Conrad Black begins in Chicago. He is accused of defrauding Hollinger's shareholders of millions of dollars. (CBC News)
- The WWF declares a new species, the Bornean clouded leopard. (WWF)
Sport Games on 14 March 2007
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Plymouth - Barnsley : 2 - 4
- West Brom - Crystal Palace : 2 - 3
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- East Stirling - Arbroath : 1 - 5
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Aston Villa - Arsenal : 0 - 1
- Man City - Chelsea : 0 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Albinoleffe - Crotone : 2 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Break It Off - Rihanna
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
Top #10 R&B songs
- Robin Thicke - Lost Without U
- You - Lloyd Featuring Lil Wayne
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Throw Some D's - Rich Boy Featuring Polow Da Don
- Omarion - Ice Box
- Pretty Ricky - On The Hotline
- Poppin' - Chris Brown Featuring Jay Biz
- Musiq Soulchild - Buddy
- Ciara - Promise
- Runaway Love - Ludacris Featuring Mary J. Blige
Top #10 Latin songs
- Ese - Conjunto Primavera
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Cada Vez Que Pienso En Ti - Los Creadorez del Pasito Duranguense de Alfredo Ramirez
- Te Lo Agradezco, Pero No - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Shakira
- Manda Una Senal - Mana
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Amar Es Lo Que Quiero - David Bisbal
- Igual Que Ayer - RKM & Ken-Y
- Pegao - Wisin & Yandel Featuring Los Vaqueros
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Stocks fell broadly and sharply after a report on mortgage defaults indicated that the troubled housing market will weaken further. [..]
Folgers has opened a new flank in the coffee war: a “stomach friendly” coffee for Americans who think they can no longer handle the hard stuff. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $68.88
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $98.31
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $64.46
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $39.70
- 1 CAD = 1.0341 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9567 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9249 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.3554 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?