Tuesday 14 June 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Papa Wemba and Bertrand Lavier.
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Crusade in Europe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 14 June 1949
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1949 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Papa Wemba
- Bertrand Lavier: French contemporary sculptor.
- B A Robertson
- Jean Rolin
- Antony Sher: South African-English actor director and screenwriter.
- Bob Frankston: Programmer (VisiCalc).
- Alan White: English drummer and songwriter (Yes Plastic Ono Band White and Circa).
- Harry Turtledove: American historian and author.
- Rochelle Firestone in Kansas City: Missouri, USA; actress (Hellhole).
- Jim Lea: English singer-songwriter bass player and producer (Slade).
- Roger Powell: English-Australian scientist and academic.
- State of Vietnam forms, Bao Dai installed as Emperor
- WROC TV channel 8 in Rochester, New York (NBC) begins broadcasting
- Albert II, a rhesus monkey, becomes the first primate to enter space, on U.S. Hermes project V-2 rocket ''Blossom IVB'', but is killed on impact at return.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Vic Damone - You're Breaking My Heart
- The Four Winds and the Seven Seas - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Bali Ha'i - Paul Weston & His Orchestra