Tuesday 14 June 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Frankston and Rochelle Firestone in Kansas City.
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Cavalcade of Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1949 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Bob Frankston: Programmer (VisiCalc).
- Rochelle Firestone in Kansas City: Missouri, USA; actress (Hellhole).
- Bertrand Lavier: French contemporary sculptor.
- Jim Lea: English singer-songwriter bass player and producer (Slade).
- Roger Powell: English-Australian scientist and academic.
- Antony Sher: South African-English actor director and screenwriter
- Harry Turtledove: American historian and author
- Alan White: English drummer and songwriter (Yes Plastic Ono Band White and Circa)
- State of Vietnam forms, Bao Dai installed as Emperor
- WROC TV channel 8 in Rochester, New York (NBC) begins broadcasting
- Albert II, a rhesus monkey, becomes the first primate to enter space, on U.S. Hermes project V-2 rocket ''Blossom IVB'', but is killed on impact at return.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 June 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Room Full Of Roses - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)
- Frank Sinatra - Some Enchanted Evening
- Baby, It's Cold Outside - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan
- The Hucklebuck - Frank Sinatra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?