Friday 11 September 1903
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Theodor Adorno and Jean Aurenche.
Tôkyôza katsudô daishashin, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
while The Virginian by Owen Wister was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1903!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1903 ?
- Theodor Adorno: German philosopher, social theorist and music critic.
- Jean Aurenche: French screenwriter who first made contact with films from 1932 as a director of commercials, then short documentaries.
- Stephen Etnier: American lieutenant and painter (d. 1984).
- The first race at The Milwaukee Mile in West Allis, Wisconsin is held. It is the oldest major speedway in the world.
- The first stock car event is held at the Milwaukee Mile.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1903 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hurrah for Baffin's Bay - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Beautiful Bird, Sing On - Harry Macdonough & Joe Belmont
- The Rosary - William H. Thompson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?