Thursday 14 October 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Iannaccone and Noreen Corcoran in Quincy.
Lassie Come Home, directed by Fred M. Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1943 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Anthony Iannaccone: Composer.
- Noreen Corcoran in Quincy: Massachusetts, USA; actress (Kelly - Bachelor Father).
- Lance Rentzel NFL receiver (Minnesota: Los Angeles)/ex-husband of Joey Heatherton.
- Lance Rentzel: American football halfback with the Los Angeles Rams.
- Dyanne Thorne: American model and actress.
- 400 Jews escape in uprising at Sobibor extermination Camp in Poland
- Japan declares Philippine Independence (premier / President Jose Laurel)
- Outbreak attempt in Sobibor Concentration Camp
- US 8th Air Force loses 60 B-17 during assault on Schweinfurt
- 60 B-24 Liberator bombers and 291 B-17 Flying Fortress bombers of the US 8th Air Force in England begin Mission 115, an attack on ball-bearing plants at Schweinfurt, Germany. Due to bad weather, none of the Liberators is able to participate. 26 B-17s turn back due to mechanical difficulties. American P-47 Thunderbolt fighter planes provide escort protection up to Aachen, Germany. Beyond that, German planes knock out 37 bombers before they reach their target. The remaining planes complete their
- Prisoners at the Nazi German Sobibor extermination camp in Poland revolt against the Germans, killing eleven SS guards, and wounding many more. About 300 of the Sobibor Camp's 600 prisoners escape, and about 50 of these survive the end of the war.
- WWII: José P. Laurel takes the oath of office as President of the Philippines (Second Philippine Republic).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 October 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?