Monday 24 October 1910
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Gouyon and Stella Brooks.
Ansigttyven I, directed by Gunnar Helsengren, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while A Modern Chronicle by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1910!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1910 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Paul Gouyon: French Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Stella Brooks: American singer (d. 2002).
- Joe Evins: American lawyer and politician (d. 1984).
- Gunter d'Alquen: German SS officer and journalist (d. 1998).
- James Woolnough: American general (d. 1996).
- Yoel Zussman: Polish-Israeli lawyer and judge (d. 1982)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1910 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sweet Italian Love - Byron G. Harlan
- My Old Kentucky Home - Geraldine Farrar
- Rosa Rosetta - Nora Bayes & Jack Norworth
- I've Got Rings on My Fingers - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?