Friday October 14, 1988
US date format: 10/14/1988, UK date format: 14/10/1988
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 14, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Max Thieriot and MacKenzie Mauzy.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Red Red Wine '88 by UB40.
In UK One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Mystic Pizza, directed by Donald Petrie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Sword Point by Harold Coyle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Starting from Scratch.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella or Eco.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 14, 1988?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- See more
- Mike Tyson countersues Robin Givens for divorce and annulment
- Naguib Mahfouz is 1st Arabic writer to win Nobel literature prize
- New Jersey Devils raise their first pennant (Patrick Division Playoff Champions).
- Mary Morris: Actress (Agitator, Double Door).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 14, 1988?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- UB40 - Red Red Wine '88
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Phil Collins - Groovy Kind Of Love
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
- Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Steve Winwood - Don't You Know What The Night Can Do?
- Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel
- The Escape Club - Wild, Wild West
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Hate Myself For Loving You
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Karyn White - The Way You Love Me
- Sade - Nothing Can Come Between Us
- New Edition - You're Not My Kind Of Girl
- Johnny Kemp - Dancin' With Myself
- Kiara - The Best Of Me
- Midnight Star Feat. Ecstacy Of Whodini - Don't Rock The Boat
- George Benson - Let's Do It Again
- Levert - Addicted To You
- Teddy Pendergrass - 2 A.M.
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 14If October 14, 1988 is your birthday you're 31 years, 11 months, 13 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 17 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 14, 1988?
On October 14, 1988 the day of the week was Friday.
What zodiac sign is October 14, 1988?
On October 14, 1988 the zodiac sign was Libra.
Who was the US President on October 14, 1988?
On October 14, 1988 the US President was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 14, 1988?
On October 14, 1988 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on October 14, 1988?
On October 14, 1988 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on October 14, 1988?
On October 14, 1988 several famous people were born including, Max Thieriot, MacKenzie Mauzy, Pia Toscano
Which famous people died on October 14, 1988?
Famous people died on October 14, 1988 include, Mary Morris
What was the number one song in October 14, 1988?
The number one song in the week of October 14, 1988 was Red Red Wine '88 by UB40 in US and One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston in UK
What were the top hits on October 14, 1988?
The top hits on October 14, 1988 were Red Red Wine '88 by UB40, Love Bites by Def Leppard, Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins in US and One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston, Desire by U2, He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother by The Hollies in UK