Saturday 15 May 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
Robin Hood, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Lucid Intervals by Stuart Woods was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Awkward Embraces.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc or Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 2010!
Which were the important events of 15 May 2010 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 May
- Jessica Watson becomes the youngest person to sail, non-stop and unassisted around the world solo.
- Following the phenomenal success of James Cameron's Avatar, a ceremony marking the start of the shoot of China's first IMAX3D film. (Global Times)
- Italy fines Ryanair €3 million for failing to help passengers after cancelling their flights during the Icelandic volcanic crisis as the cloud threatens to wreak more havoc. (Radio New Zealand)
- A by-election begins in Hong Kong. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Government troops in Thailand continue operations to end anti-government protests by red shirt protestors in the capital Bangkok. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Sudanese forces announce they have gained control of a rebel held area in Darfur after killing more than 150 members of the Justice and Equality Movement. (France24)
- Former Mexican presidential candidate Diego Fernández de Cevallos is abducted from one of his homes in Pedro Escobedo, Querétaro. (Al Jazeera)
- Seven people are charged with public order offences after around 80 people from the éirígí group demonstrate and burn effigies in an anti-NAMA fashion outside Anglo Irish Bank HQ in Dublin. (RTÉ)
- At least two people are killed and 43 injured after a 5.1 magnitude earthquake strikes Northern Algeria. (Alertnet)
- Google admits it has been mistakenly collecting information people have sent over unencrypted wi-fi networks for the past three years and grounds its Street View cars from collecting wi-fi information. (BBC)
- A fire at the Butantan Institute in São Paulo, Brazil, destroys its entire collection of preserved snakes—the world's largest—and nearly half a million arachnid specimens, including many novel and yet-unclassified species. (''The Guardian'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 15 May 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Lazio - Udinese : 3 - 1
- Milan - Juventus : 3 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Almeria - Sevilla : 2 - 3
- Ath Bilbao - La Coruna : 2 - 0
- Ath Madrid - Getafe : 0 - 3
- Mallorca - Espanol : 2 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Cordoba - Recreativo : 1 - 1
- Gimnastic - Betis : 0 - 1
- Huesca - Real Union : 2 - 3
- Las Palmas - Cadiz : 1 - 1
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Boulogne - Rennes : 1 - 0
- Lens - Bordeaux : 4 - 3
- Lorient - Lille : 2 - 1
- Lyon - Le Mans : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?