Saturday 15 March 1986
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tyler Noyes and Adrianne Leon.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Sara by Starship.
In UK Chain Reaction by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Highlander, directed by Russell Mulcahy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Catherine.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Fairlight II or Ganso Saiyūki: Super Monkey Daibōken.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1986!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1986 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Tyler Noyes: Actor (CJ-One Life to Live).
- Adrianne Leon: American singer-songwriter and actress.
- Jai Courtney: Movie Actor.
- Serkan Çalik: German-Turkish footballer.
- Funeral services held for Swedish Prime Minister Olaf Palme.
- Hotel New World disaster: a six-story building collapses, trapping 50 people beneath the rubble 33 are killed.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 March 1986
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Starship - Sara
- Heart - These Dreams
- Mr. Mister - Kyrie
- Atlantic Starr - Secret Lovers
- Whitney Houston - How Will I Know
- John Cougar Mellencamp - R.O.C.K. In The U.S.A. (A Salute To 60's Rock)
- Falco - Rock Me Amadeus
- Mike + The Mechanics - Silent Running
- Thompson Twins - King For A Day
- Elton John - Nikita
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?