Saturday March 15, 1986
US date format: 3/15/1986, UK date format: 15/3/1986
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 15, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jai Courtney and Vimala Pons.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Sara by Starship.
In UK Chain Reaction by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Lucas, directed by David Seltzer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Adrift by Steven Callahan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Magnus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brian Jacks Uchi Mata or Legend of the Amazon Women.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 15, 1986?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- See more
- Funeral services held for Swedish Prime Minister Olaf Palme.
- Hotel New World disaster: a six-story building collapses, trapping 50 people beneath the rubble 33 are killed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 15, 1986?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Rene & Angela - Your Smile
- Cherrelle With Alexander O'Neal - Saturday Love
- Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
- Whitney Houston - How Will I Know
- Force M.D.'s - Tender Love
- New Edition - A Little Bit Of Love (Is All It Takes)
- Meli'sa Morgan - Do Me Baby
- Zapp - Computer Love
- Prince And The Revolution - Kiss
- The Gap Band - Going In Circles
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next March 15If March 15, 1986 is your birthday you're 34 years, 6 months, 6 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 5 months, 22 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?