Monday 13 February 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson.
Safe House, directed by Daniel Espinosa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Descending.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Fable Heroes or Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 February 2012!
Which were the important events of 13 February 2012 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 February
- The Syrian Army continues its bombardment of Homs. (Reuters)
- Navanethem Pillay, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, accuses the Syrian government of launching an ampquotindiscriminate attackampquot on civilians. (ABC News Australia)
- The Free Syrian Army claims to have repelled a push by the Syrian Army into the town of Rastan. (AP via ''Herald-Tribune'')
- 13 February 2012 attacks on Israeli diplomats:
- An explosion tears through an Israeli diplomat's car in the vicinity of the Israeli Embassy in New Delhi, India one woman is injured. (Ynet)
- 2011–2012 Bahraini uprising: Police use tear gas on protesters attempting to occupy the Pearl Roundabout in the capital Manama a day before the anniversary of the start of anti-government protests. (Al Jazeera)
- Beverly Hills police confirm Whitney Houston was underwater and unconscious when found in a bath in her Los Angeles hotel room last Saturday. (BBC)
- David Kelly, the ampquotgrand old man of Irish actingampquot, dies in Dublin. (''Irish Examiner'')
- The UK broadcaster ITV1 screens the first ever British advert aimed specifically at dogs. The 60-second commercial for the Bakers dog food brand features high-pitched sounds that cannot be heard by humans, and is a send up of the 1969 film ''The Italian Job''. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Barack Obama, the President of the United States, presents 16 people with the National Medal of Arts at the White House including actor Al Pacino, country music singer Mel Tillis and former United States Poet Laureate Rita Dove. (BBC)
- The Australia and New Zealand Banking Group announces plans to cut 1000 jobs in Australia. (''Herald Sun'')
- Japan suffers negative economic growth for the fourth quarter of 2011 making it three out of four quarters that the Japanese economy shrinks. (CNN)
- Rangers F.C. announces an intent to enter administration. (BBC)
- The European Union and United States approve Google's $12.5 billion acquisition of smartphone maker Motorola. (AP via ''Seattle-PI'')
- Moody's Investors Service downgrades the credit ratings of several European Union members including Italy, Malta, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia and Spain and issues a negative outlook for the ratings of Austria, France and the United Kingdom. (Reuters)
- A 5.5-magnitude earthquake hits Northern California, near Weitchpec, according to the United States Geological Survey. (CNN)
- Azerbaijan rejects a claim by Iran that it has been helping Israeli spies in the killing of an Iranian nuclear scientist. (Trend News Agency)
- The Prime Minister of Pakistan Yousuf Raza Gilani appears before the Supreme Court of Pakistan to face contempt of court charges. (IBN Live)
- Abu Qatada, accused of being one of the United Kingdom's most dangerous preachers of Islamic extremism, is released from prison following a ruling from the European Court of Human Rights last week. (BBC)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 February 2012
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2012 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?