Friday 10 February 2012
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Set Fire To The Rain by Adele.
Safe House, directed by Daniel Espinosa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fairy Tale Interrupted by RoseMarie Terenzio was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lyons Den.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Caverns of Minos or Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 2012!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 10 February 2012 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 February
- Arab Spring:
- 2011-2012 Syrian uprising:
- The Syrian Army offensive in Homs continues with further heavy fighting expected over the weekend. (Reuters)
- Two explosions are recorded in Syrian government security compounds in the northern city of Aleppo with casualties reported. (AP via ABC News America)
- A bipartisan group of US Senators led by Bob Casey and Marco Rubio will introduce a resolution calling for the Obama administration to start assisting the Opposition. (Foreign Policy)
- Saudi Arabia circulates a draft resolution amongst the General Assembly of the United Nations with similar wording to that vetoed in the Security Council. (Al-Jazeera)
- 2011–2012 Bahraini uprising:
- Tens of thousands of anti-government protesters march towards an area outside the capital Manama as the one year anniversary of the uprising (Feb. 14) approaches. (''Washington Post'')
- Egypt since the Revolution:
- Egyptian protesters march towards the Defense Ministry in Cairo, demanding the return of a civilian government. (UPI)
- Egypt's military rulers warn of conspiracies that seek to topple the state and spread chaos one day before the one-year anniversary of the toppling of former President Hosni Mubarak. (AP via Google News)
- People in Greece protest against the latest austerity measures imposed on their country, as more senior politicians resign. (''The Guardian'')
- An internal plot among cardinals to kill Pope Benedict XVI is alleged in Italy. (''The Guardian'')
- A protester is shot dead by security forces in Qatif, eastern Saudi Arabia, amid a demonstration calling for the release of Shia prisoners and democratic reforms. (BBC)
- In England, three men who distributed and posted through letterboxes leaflets calling for the execution of gay people are jailed. (BBC)
- Secessionists battle with forces from Somaliland near the border with Puntland in northern Somalia. (IOL)
- The United States Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta tells the Marine Corps to re-investigate and take appropriate action against snipers who posed with a logo resembling that of the Nazi Schutzstaffel in Afghanistan. (AP via MSNBC)
- The United States Central Intelligence Agency website and Alabama state websites go down with reports that Anonymous is responsible. (MSNBC)
- A new book of poetry by President of Ireland Michael D. Higgins is negatively reviewed by leading critic Professor Kevin Kiely, who says the President ampquotcan be accused of crimes against literatureampquot. (''Irish Independent'')
- ''The Cats of Copenhagen'', a children's story by James Joyce, is published for the first time in Dublin, and is called an ampquotoutrageampquot. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 10 February 2012
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Wolfsburg - Freiburg : 3 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Cottbus - Aachen : 1 - 1
- Frankfurt FSV - Ingolstadt : 1 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Celta - Recreativo : 4 - 1
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Southend - Rotherham : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?