Monday 20 February 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson.
Wanderlust, directed by David Wain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Descending.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Darkness II or Brave.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 2012!
Which were the important events of 20 February 2012 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 February
- South Korea proceeds with live-fire drills near the disputed Korean sea border despite threats from North Korea of ampquotmercilessampquot strikes in retaliation. (AP via News Limited)
- At least 30 people are dead in the Nigerian city of Maiduguri following an attack on the markets by suspected Islamist militants. (AFP via Yahoo News)
- Justice and Equality Movement rebels in Darfur release 49 UNAMID peacekeepers but retain three other people they accuse of being Sudanese security agents. (BBC)
- Samsung Electronics announces plans to spin off its LCD business. (Reuters)
- The Thai economy shrinks by 7 percent (%) during the last quarter as a result of the floods.
- Japan's balance of trade deficit reaches a record high due to the strong value of the Japanese yen and higher fuel costs following the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. (BBC)
- The price of oil reaches an eight month high following Iran banning sales to Britain and France on Sunday. (BBC)
- Narendra Modi, the Chief Minister of the Indian state of Gujarat, orders an inquiry into the death of six people at a stampede at the Bhavnath Hindu temple in the Junagadh district over the weekend. (NDTV)
- International Atomic Energy Agency nuclear inspectors arrive in Tehran to hold discussions about Iran's nuclear program. (Deutsche Welle)
- The ruling Workers Party in North Korea calls a conference in mid-April to consolidate the transfer of leadership to Kim Jong-un from his father Kim Jong-Il. (Reuters via ''Malaysia Star'')
- In the Netherlands, Job Cohen, the leader of the Labour Party, resigns his position after increasing criticism of his performance. (NOS)
- In the United Kingdom, Home Secretary Theresa May announces plans to split the UK Border Agency into two separate organisations after revelations that hundreds of thousands of people were let into the country without appropriate checks. (BBC)
- Scientists report regenerating specimens of ''Silene stenophylla'' from a 31,800 year old piece of fruit, greatly surpassing the previous record for oldest plant successfully regenerated. (''NY Times'')
- In football, the start of the Peruvian Primera División is disrupted due to a players strike due to outstanding payments. (Reuters via Eurosport)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 20 February 2012
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Erzgebirge Aue - Braunschweig : 1 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Zaragoza - Betis : 0 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Nantes - Metz : 0 - 0
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Brentford - Carlisle : 4 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?