Monday 27 February 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Part Of Me by Katy Perry.
Project X, directed by Nima Nourizadeh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Kill Shot by Vince Flynn was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Descending.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crusader Kings 2: Sword of Islam or Deer Drive Legends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 2012!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 27 February 2012 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 February
- Arab Spring: As a result of ongoing protests, Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh is succeeded by Vice President Abd Rabbuh Mansur Al-Hadi.
- 2012 Afghanistan Quran burning protests: A suicide car bomber explodes at Jalalabad Airport in Afghanistan, killing nine. (''The Guardian'')
- An alleged plot to assassinate Vladimir Putin after this year's Russian presidential election is foiled by Ukrainian and Russian intelligence services. (1TV.ru)
- 2011-2012 Syrian uprising:
- 125 civilians are killed nationwide by the Syrian army, included 64 people reportedly summarily executed after being caught trying to flee the city of Homs. (CNN)
- The Syrian military launches a new offensive against towns in the Idlib Governorate. (BBC)
- Jailed U.S. serviceman Bradley Manning, U.S. political scientist Gene Sharp and news network Al Jazeera are among those known to have been nominated for the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize. (AFP via ''The National Post'')
- The German Bundestag votes overwhelmingly in support for a Greek bailout. (ABC News)
- Internet portal company Yahoo warns social network company Facebook that it believes Facebook has infringed on several Yahoo patents, between 10 and 20. (Dealbook)
- A section of a nine-story apartment building in the city of Astrakhan, Russia, collapses in a natural gas explosion, injuring at least 12 people with 11 people missing (Huffington Post)
- East Africa's high-speed internet access is severely damaged by a ship dropping its anchor onto the fibre-optic cables of the TEAMS and EASSy cable systems off the coast of Mombasa, Kenya. (BBC)
- A farming alert is issued in Wales as an outbreak of Schmallenberg virus affects livestock in at least 74 farms in England. (Wales Online)
- The ''Costa Allegra'' cruise ship is left adrift in the Indian Ocean near the Seychelles following an engine room fire. (AFP via ''Herald Sun'')
- The Transportation Safety Board of Canada begins its investigation into the Burlington train derailment. (''National Post'')
- A report by the Rebuild Japan Initiative Foundation claims that the Japanese government considered the evacuation of Tokyo during the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. (''New York Times'')
- Argentina turns away two cruise ships from the port of Ushuaia ndash PO Cruises ''Adonia'' and Princess Cruises' ''Star Princess'' ndash because the ships had earlier visited the Falkland Islands. (MSNBC)
- WikiLeaks begins disclosing 5 million e-mails from the private intelligence company Stratfor. (CNN)
- News International phone hacking scandal: Singer Charlotte Church and her parents agree damages and costs of £600,000 (US$950,000) with Rupert Murdoch's News Group, publishers of the defunct ''News of the World''. (BBC)
- The Prime Minister of Australia Julia Gillard wins a leadership ballot in the Australian Labor Party, defeating former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd. (''The Australian'')
- Former Ukrainian interior minister Yuriy Lutsenko is sentenced to fours year in jail for embezzlement and abuse of office. (Reuters via ''Kyiv Post'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 27 February 2012
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Fortuna Dusseldorf - Aachen : 0 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Reims - Sedan : 1 - 2
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Shrewsbury - Crawley Town : 2 - 1
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Sp Braga - Guimaraes : 4 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?