Sunday 19 February 2012
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson.
Wanderlust, directed by David Wain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Descending.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare or Assassin's Creed III.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 February 2012!
Which were the important events of 19 February 2012 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Pisces
- Astrology: Can also be last day of sun sign Aquarius depending on the time of birth and the astrologer's viewpoint.
- Chaoflux (Discordianism)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 February
- Iran suspends oil exports to Britain and France following sanctions put in place by the European Union and the United States in January.
- Mexican Drug War:
- At least 44 people are killed in a prison brawl in Apodaca, Nuevo León. The brawl is believed to have been started after the Gulf Cartel and Los Zetas, two rival Mexican drug cartels, clashed inside the prison. (BBC)
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising:
- One of Syria's leading businessmen says sanctions against the country are crippling the economy and that the government is ampquotdisintegratingampquot. (BBC)
- Egypt recalls its ambassador to the country. (BBC)
- Security is increased in the capital Damascus in an attempt to prevent further protests in the capital. (''Buenos Aires Herald'')
- Anti-government rebels kill two legal officials and an aide in Idlib Governorate. (UPI)
- 2012 Senegalese protests:
- Police fire tear gas in a fifth day of anti-government protests in the capital Dakar. (Africasia)
- Protesters set up barricades in three blocks of central Dakar. (''The Guardian'')
- Five people are injured in a bomb explosion near a church in Suleja, Nigeria. (''Al-Ahram'')
- A suicide bomber kills at least 19 officers and cadets and injures 26 outside an Iraqi police academy in northeastern Baghdad. (Trust.org)
- Rebels from Chad rob 40 people ndash including a local government official ndash in attacks in the Central African Republic. (IOL)
- Paolo and Vittorio Taviani's ''Caesar Must Die'' wins the Golden Bear at the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival. (BBC)
- China detains a Tibetan writer in Sichuan amid recent anti-government protests in the region. (''The Times of India'')
- Australians commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Bombing of Darwin by Japan during World War II. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- ESPN admits two other instances in which it referred to the American basketball player Jeremy Lin by the racial slur ampquotchinkampquot. It comes after yesterday's controversial ampquotChink in the Armorampquot headline which ESPN defended as only having appeared to mobile browsers for 35 minutes. (RTE)
- Whitney Houston is buried at Fairview Cemetery in Westfield, New Jersey, USA. (BBC)
- A record 2.2 million people attend the Bola Preta street party during the Rio de Janeiro carnival. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 19 February 2012
Serie AItalian Football
- Cesena - Milan : 1 - 3
- Genoa - Chievo : 0 - 1
- Lecce - Siena : 4 - 1
- Novara - Atalanta : 0 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Westerlo : 3 - 1
- Club Brugge - Kortrijk : 2 - 1
- Waregem - Standard : 4 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hannover - Stuttgart : 4 - 2
- Schalke 04 - Wolfsburg : 4 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Hansa Rostock : 0 - 0
- Ingolstadt - Greuther Furth : 0 - 0
- Munich 1860 - Fortuna Dusseldorf : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?