Sunday 15 June 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Chaillou and Odile Versois.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1930 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Michel Chaillou
- Odile Versois: French stage/film actress, dancer, sister of actresses Marina Vlady, Helene Vallier & Olga Poliakoff, in more than 30 films, married once, four children.
- Michel Masson: France sport Champion.
- Miguel Méndez: Mexican American author also known as Miguel Méndez Morales.
- Victor Lundin: American actor and singer (d. 2013).
- Marcel Pronovost: Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 2015).
- John Fretwell: English soldier and diplomat British Ambassador to France.