Saturday 15 June 1918US date format: 6/15/1918, UK date format: 15/6/1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 15, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fartein Valen-Sendstad and Jean Peron.
The City Slicker, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1918!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1918 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Fartein Valen-Sendstad: Norwegian historian and museologist.
- Jean Peron: France sport Champion.
- Zhang Ruifang: Chinese actress (d. 2012).
- 1 of snow falls in Northern Pennsylvania
- 50th Belmont: Frank Robinson aboard Johren wins in 2:20.6
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- God be with Our Boys Tonight - John McCormack
- I'm Sorry I Made You Cry - Henry Burr
- Any Place the Old Gang Goes (I'll be There) - Arthur Fields & Peerless Quartet