Saturday 15 June 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fartein Valen-Sendstad and Jean Peron.
The City Slicker, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1918!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1918 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Fartein Valen-Sendstad: Norwegian historian and museologist.
- Jean Peron: France sport Champion.
- Zhang Ruifang: Chinese actress (d. 2012).
- 1 of snow falls in Northern Pennsylvania
- 50th Belmont: Frank Robinson aboard Johren wins in 2:20.6
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- God be with Our Boys Tonight - John McCormack
- I'm Sorry I Made You Cry - Henry Burr
- Any Place the Old Gang Goes (I'll be There) - Arthur Fields & Peerless Quartet