Saturday 15 June 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fartein Valen-Sendstad and Jean Peron.
Cupid Angling, directed by Albert Morrison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1918!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1918 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Fartein Valen-Sendstad: Norwegian historian and museologist.
- Jean Peron: France sport Champion.
- Zhang Ruifang: Chinese actress (d. 2012).
- 1 of snow falls in Northern Pennsylvania
- 50th Belmont: Frank Robinson aboard Johren wins in 2:20.6
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 June 1918
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Sorry I Made You Cry - Henry Burr
- God be with Our Boys Tonight - John McCormack
- Any Place the Old Gang Goes (I'll be There) - Arthur Fields & Peerless Quartet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?