Saturday 15 June 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 15, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Willem Frederik Bon .
The Mortal Storm, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1940 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- 38 Italians Fiat bombers bomb Luc-and-Province
- Bread and flour rationed in Holland
- France surrenders to Hitler, German troops occupy Paris
- Soviet Army occupies Lithuania
- WWII: Verdun falls to German forces.