Saturday 15 March 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Zhores Alferov and Martin Karplus.
Free and Easy, directed by Edward Sedgwick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while The Woman of Andros by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1930!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1930 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Zhores Alferov: Belarusian-Russian physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Martin Karplus: Austrian-American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Kostas Nestoridis: Greek footballer and manager.
- Antonio Beltramelli: Writer, dies at 51.
- 1st seaplane glider flown, Port Washington, New York
- 1st streamlined submarine of US navy, USS Nautilus, launched
- First seaplane glider flown, at Port Washington, New York.
- First streamlined submarine of US navy, USS Nautilus, launched.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?