Saturday 15 March 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 15, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Raymond-Max Aubert and Ry Cooder.
Carnival in Costa Rica, directed by Gregory Ratoff, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 March 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1947 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Raymond-Max Aubert
- Ry Cooder: American musician, composer and producer.
- Stomu Yamashta
- Larisa Grigoriyevna: Pozharskaya; Russian cosmonaut.
- Raymond Boni: French guitarist and jazz composer.
- Marc Fasquel: French criminal, who, with his wife Jocelyne Bourdin, abducted and raped seven young women, murdering two of them, between December 1985 and February 1986.
- Geraldine Hanon: American astrologer who authored a landmark book on astrology, "Sacred Space: A Feminist Vision of Astrology" (1990).
- Billy Crystal: Comedian.
- Claude Nallet
- Gino Ferrin: German footballer and manager.
- Juraj Kukura: Slovak-German actor.
- Tony Osoba: Scottish actor.
- Jean-Claude Nallet: French athlete, long sprinter and hurdler (400m).
- Tomas Pettersson: Sweden -- Cyclist (1968 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Ry[land] Cooder in Los Angeles: California, USA; blues guitarist (Crossroads).
- John Lee appointed 1st black commissioned officer in US Navy
- Hindus and Muslims clash in Punjab.