Friday 4 June 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tristan Maya and Robert Earl Hughes.
The Boob, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 June 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1926!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1926 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Tristan Maya: Arnay le Duc Writer.
- Robert Earl Hughes: American man who became the heaviest known human (d. 1958).
- André-Francis Bigeon: French race horse owner and the father of jockeys Christian and Jean-Luc Bigeon.
- Hamilton Fish: American politician, a congressman who served in the House of Representatives representing his district in New York from 1969-1995.
- Nan Leslie in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Kings Row, The Californians).
- Ain Kaalep: Estonian poet playwright and critic.
- Judith Malina: German-American actress and director co-founded The Living Theatre (d. 2015).
- Robert Hughes: American who was the heaviest human being recorded in the history of the world during his lifetime (d. 1958).
- Ignacy Moscicki becomes president of Poland.