Wednesday 15 June 1904
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 15, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
The Wonderful Living Fan, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1904!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1904 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 June
- A fire aboard the steamboat SS General Slocum in New York City's East River kills 1,000.
- Eugen Schauman assassinates Nikolai Bobrikov, Governor-General of Finland.
- James Joyce walks to Ringsend with Nora Barnacle he later uses this date (Bloomsday) as the setting for his novel ''Ulysses''.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1904 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Blue Bell - Haydn Quartet
- The Ghost That Never Walked - Bob Roberts