Monday April 15, 1974US date format: 4/15/1974, UK date format: 15/4/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 15, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Danny Pino and Marena Bencomo.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia) by MFSB.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
Dark Star, directed by John Carpenter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Old Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Qwak!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 April 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1974!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1974 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Danny Pino: American actor.
- Marena Bencomo: Miss Universe - 2nd place (Venezuela, 1997).
- Tim Thomas: Hockey Player.
- Danny Way: Skateboarder.
- Sergei Krivokrasov in Angarsk: Russia; NHL right wing (Chicago Blackhawks, Olympics-silver-1998).
- Mike Quinn: quarterback (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Douglas Spain: American actor director and producer.
- Kim Min-kyo: South Korean actor and director.
- Keith Malley: American comedian and podcaster (Keith and The Girl).
- Giovanni D'Anzi: Italian songwriter (Born 1906).
- 78th Boston Marathon won by Neil Cusack of Ireland in 2:13:39.
- Military coup in Niger, President Diori Hamani deposed.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Ringo Starr - Oh My My
- John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Sister Janet Mead - The Lord's Prayer
- Jim Croce - I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song
Top #10 R&B songs
- MFSB Featuring The Three Degrees - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Bloodstone - Outside Woman
- The Staple Singers - Touch A Hand, Make A Friend
- James Brown - The Payback
- Mighty Mighty - Earth, Wind & Fire
- Barry White - Honey Please, Can't Ya See
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- The Temptations - Heavenly
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?