Monday 15 April 1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Danny Pino and Marena Bencomo.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia) by MFSB.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
The Conversation, directed by Francis Ford Coppola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Plain Speaking by Merle Miller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Little Doctor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Maze War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1974!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 April 1974 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Danny Pino: American actor.
- Marena Bencomo: Miss Universe - 2nd place (Venezuela, 1997).
- Keith Malley: American comedian and podcaster (Keith and The Girl).
- Tim Thomas: Hockey Player.
- Danny Way: Skateboarder.
- Kim Min-kyo: South Korean actor and director.
- Mike Quinn: quarterback (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Douglas Spain: American actor director and producer.
- Sergei Krivokrasov in Angarsk: Russia; NHL right wing (Chicago Blackhawks, Olympics-silver-1998).
- Giovanni D'Anzi: Italian songwriter (Born 1906).
- 78th Boston Marathon won by Neil Cusack of Ireland in 2:13:39.
- Military coup in Niger, President Diori Hamani deposed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Ringo Starr - Oh My My
- John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Sister Janet Mead - The Lord's Prayer
- Jim Croce - I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?