Thursday 1 April 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joan Frances and Harry Lewis.
Terror Island, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Kindred of the Dust by Peter B. Kyne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1920!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1920 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Joan Frances: Will actress.
- Harry Lewis: American actor and businessman (d. 2013).
- Toshiro Mifune: Chinese-Japanese actor and producer (d. 1997).
- Stanley Cup: Ottawa Senators (NHL) beat Seattle (PCHA), three games to 2.
- Church disestablished in Wales.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When the Moon Shines on the Moonshine - Bert Williams
- I Might Be Your Once-in-a-While - Olive Kline
- Dardanella - Prince's Dance Orchestra
- When It Comes To Lovin' the Girls, I'm Way Ahead of The Times - Eddie Cantor
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?