Friday 15 October 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Foucault and Jean Peters.
Mother, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 October 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1926 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Michel Foucault: French philosopher and educator, a teacher at Clermant-Ferrand and in Paris and appointed to a chair in the History of Systems of Thought at the College of France, 1970.
- Jean Peters: American actress.
- Evan Hunter: American novelist (Born 1926).
- James Akins: American diplomat, ambassador to Saudi Arabia from 1973-1976.
- Ed McBain: American author and screenwriter (d. 2005).
- Evan Hunter [Ed McBain]: American writer (Blackboard Jungle).
- Karl Richter: German organist and conductor (d. 1981).
- James E Akins: American diplomat and adviser to Richard Nixon (d. 2010).
- Auguste Caulet: France sport Champion.
- Agustín Calvo: Spanish philosopher and poet (d. 2012).
- Austria government of Seipel, forms