Wednesday 20 October 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ursula Happe and Edward Douglas-Scott-Montagu.
Mother, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 October 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1926 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ursula Happe: Germany -- 200m backstroke swimmer (1956 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Edward Douglas-Scott-Montagu: 3rd Baron Montagu of Beaulieu English lieutenant and politician founded the National Motor Museum (d. 2015).
- Eugene Debs: American labor leader and Socialist presidential candidate (Born 1855).
- Hurricane in Cuba, kills 600
- A hurricane kills 650 in Cuba.
- A decree in Italy bans women from holding public office.
- Leon Trotsky and Lev Kamenev are removed from the Politburo of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- The Fazal Mosque (one of the first in London) is completed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Birth Of The Blues - Harry Richman
- Baby Face - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- How Many Times? - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra