Monday 25 October 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Perdriel and Galina Vishnevskaya.
Exit Smiling, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 October 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1926 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Claude Perdriel: French business leader, the owner-manager of the Perdriel Group that publishes Le Nouvel Observateur, Sciences et Avenir, Challenges, Rue89 and during 1970-1980, the Paris daily Le Matin de Paris.
- Galina Vishnevskaya: Leningrad, Russia -- Soprano (Madama Butterfly).
- Biff McGuire in New Haven: Connecticut, USA; actor (Serpico, Heart is Lonely Hunter).
- Ismail Gulgee: Pakistani painter and sculptor (d. 2007).
- Jimmy Heath: American saxophonist and composer (Heath Brothers).
- Frederick JR Zech: Composer, dies at 68.
- Harry Houdini is operated on in Detroit, Michigan, and is found to have a gangrenous ruptured appendix. Doctors realize he will die soon.
- Lester Patrick becomes first coach and general manager of New York Rangers.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Katinka - George Olsen & His Orchestra
- Am I Wasting My Time on You? - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra