Tuesday 19 October 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Mareuil and Arne Bendiksen.
Midnight Lovers, directed by John Francis Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Hounds of Spring by Sylvia Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1926 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Philippe Mareuil: French film, TV and stage actor and dubber who died on 8 January 2016 in Suresnes, Hauts-de-Seine, France.
- Arne Bendiksen: Norwegian singer-songwriter and producer (d. 2009).
- Joel Feinberg: American philosopher and academic (d. 2004).
- Vladimir Shlapentokh: Ukrainian-American sociologist historian political scientist and academic (d. 2015).
- Marjorie Tallchief: American ballerina.
- John C Garand patents semi-automatic rifle
- Russian Politburo throws out Leo Trotsky and followers
- The 1926 Imperial Conference opens in London, the United Kingdom.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1926 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Looking at the World Thro' Rose-Colored Glasses - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?