Friday 8 October 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 8, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louise Hay and Jean Parent.
Mother, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1926 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Louise Hay: American motivational author, and the founder of Hay House.
- Jean Parent
- Diana Lynn: Actress.
- Claude Saillard: Le Mans EXecutives.
- Raaj Kumar: Pakistani-Indian police officer and actor (d. 1996).
- Álvaro Magaña: Salvadoran economist and politician President of El Salvador (d. 2001).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Blue Room - Revelers
- Breezin' Along with the Breeze - Johnny Marvin