Wednesday 15 September 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Serre and Shohei Imamura.
The Strong Man, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1926 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Jean-Pierre Serre: French mathematician who has made fundamental contributions to algebraic topology, algebraic geometry, and algebraic number theory.
- Shohei Imamura: Japanese director producer and screenwriter (d. 2006).
- Ellen McCormack
- Rudolf Christoph Eucken: German writer, Nobel Prize laureate (Born 1846).
- Failed attempt on Mussolini
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Cherie, I Love You - Ross Gorman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?