Wednesday 15 September 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Serre and Shohei Imamura.
Dog Gone, directed by Mark Stouffer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1926 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Jean-Pierre Serre: French mathematician who has made fundamental contributions to algebraic topology, algebraic geometry, and algebraic number theory.
- Shohei Imamura: Japanese director producer and screenwriter (d. 2006).
- Ellen McCormack
- Rudolf Christoph Eucken: German writer, Nobel Prize laureate (Born 1846).
- Failed attempt on Mussolini
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - When the Red Red Robin Comes Bob-Bob-Bobbin' Along
- Only You and Lonely Me - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Valencia (A Song of Spain) - Revelers
- Mountain Greenery - Roger Wolfe Kahn & His Orchestra
- Where'd You Get Thoes Eyes? - Ted Lewis & His Band