Monday 11 October 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Thich Nhat Hanh and Jean Alexander.
The Great K & A Train Robbery, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Beau Sabreur by P.C. Wren was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1926 ?
- Thich Nhat Hanh: Vietnamese Zen Buddhist monk.
- Jean Alexander: British actress noted for her performances on stage though TV was her strongest medium; recipient of the Royal Television Award for Best Performance of 1984-85.
- Jacques Delaporte: French clergyman, the Archbishop of Cambrai from 1980 to 1999.
- Duccio Tessari: Italian set designer and film director who specialized in westerns.
- Yvea Houssin: Mauguio EXecutives.
- Joe Ginsberg: American baseball player (d. 2012)
- Thích Hạnh: Vietnamese monk author and poet
- Earle Hyman: North Carolina, United States -- Actor (Russell-Cosby, Coriolanus)
- Neville Wran: Australian lawyer and politician 35th Premier of New South Wales (d. 2014)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Johnny Marvin - Breezin' Along with the Breeze
- The Blue Room - Revelers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?