Thursday 14 October 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 14, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marcel Pressac and Willy Alberti.
Mother, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 October 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1926 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Marcel Pressac
- Willy Alberti: Dutch folk singer.
- Ray Brown: Musician.
- Willy Alberti [Carel Verbrugge]: Singer / actor (Riffin in Amsterdam).
- Bill Justis: American trumpet and saxophone player and producer (Born 1926).
- Walter Johnson retires, signs 2-year contract to manage Newark
- The children's book Winnie-the-Pooh, by A.A. Milne, is first published.