Thursday 14 October 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Willy Alberti [Carel Verbrugge] and Willy Alberti.
The Great K & A Train Robbery, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1926 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Willy Alberti [Carel Verbrugge]: Singer / actor (Riffin in Amsterdam).
- Willy Alberti: Dutch folk singer.
- Bill Justis: American trumpet and saxophone player and producer (Born 1926).
- Walter Johnson retires, signs 2-year contract to manage Newark
- The children's book Winnie-the-Pooh, by A.A. Milne, is first published.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Johnny Marvin - Breezin' Along with the Breeze
- The Blue Room - Revelers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?