Monday 18 October 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Klaus Kinski [Nikolas Naksynski] and Thomas Millar.
Midnight Lovers, directed by John Francis Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Sorrell and Son by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1926 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Klaus Kinski [Nikolas Naksynski]: Poland -- Actor (Little Drummer Girl).
- Thomas Millar: Historian.
- Chuck Berry in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; rocker ("Roll over Beethoven").
- George C Scott in Wise: Virginia, USA; actor (Patton, Bible, Taps, Hardcore).
- Chuck Berry: American singer, musician, songwriter and recording artist.
- Klaus Kinski: Kinski was found dead of a heart attack at his Los Angeles home on 23 November 1991.
- Frankfurter Zeitung publishes Lenins political testament
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1926 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Looking at the World Thro' Rose-Colored Glasses - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?