Tuesday 15 September 1903
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roy Acuff and Yisrael Kristal.
Tôkyôza katsudô daishashin, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
while Gordon Keith by Thomas Nelson Page was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1903!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1903 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
Famous Birthdays:15 September
- Queen Wilhelmina calls railroad strikers criminals
- Grêmio Foot-Ball Porto-Alegrense is founded in Porto Alegre, Brazil
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?