Friday 15 September 1922
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 15, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jackie Cooper and Gordon Hill.
The Arsonist, directed by Brenton Spencer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1922!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1922 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Jackie Cooper: American actor on-screen from age three in 1925 as an adorable top child actor.
- Bob Anderson (fencer): English sword-master.
- Gordon Hill: Orangeburg Military man.
- Bob Anderson: English fencer and choreographer (d. 2012).
- Gaetano Cozzi: Italian historian and academic (d. 2001).
- Mary Soames: Baroness Soames English author (d. 2014).
- Catcher Butch Henline is 1st NLer to hit 3 HRs in a game since 1897
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Song of Persia - Edwin Dale
- Spread Yo' Stuff - Ethel Waters Jazz Masters