Friday 16 March 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Clock, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while The White Tower by James Ramsey Ullman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1945!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1945 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 March
- Allies secure Iwo Jima
- World War II: The Battle of Iwo Jima ended, but small pockets of Japanese resistance persisted.
- Ninety percent of Wurzburg, Germany is destroyed in only 20 minutes by British bombers. 5,000 are killed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?