Sunday 16 November 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 16, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anatoly Dobrynin and Joseph Wapner.
Male and Female, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 November 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1919!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1919 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Anatoly Dobrynin
- Joseph Wapner: Judge.
- Udo Kasemets: Composer.
- Robert Wogensky: French painter, brother of the architect André Wogensky.
- After Entente pressure Romanian forces withdraw from Budapest and let Admiral Horthy to march in.
- The confirmation is announced of Einstein's general relativity theory, tested by Arthur Eddington and Andrew Crommelin during a total solar eclipse on May 29, 1919 FirstScience.
- The Treaty of Versailles fails a critical ratification vote in the United States Senate. It will never be ratified by the US.
- The Treaty of Neuilly is signed between the Allies and Bulgaria.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oh! How She Can Sing - Van & Schenck
- You Don't Need the Wine to Have a Wonderful Time - Eddie Cantor
- You Can't Get Lovin' Where There Ain't No Love - Nora Bayes