Thursday 20 November 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Phyllis Thaxter and Dulcie Gray.
Anne of Green Gables, directed by William Desmond Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Sky Pilot in No Man's Land by Ralph Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1919!
Which were the important events of 20 November 1919 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- Phyllis Thaxter: American actress (d. 2012).
- Dulcie Gray: Kuala Lampur, Malaysia -- Actress (Mine Own Executioner).
- Evelyn Keyes: Port Arthur, Texas -- Actress (Adventure of Martin Eden).
- Halka Grossman: Resistance fighter / politician.
- John McCarthy: Composer.
- Lucilla Andrews: Egyptian-Scottish nurse and author (d. 2006).
- Alan Brown: English race car driver (d. 2004).
- 1st municipally owned airport in US opens (Tucson Az)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oh! How She Can Sing - Van & Schenck
- You Can't Get Lovin' Where There Ain't No Love - Nora Bayes
- You Don't Need the Wine to Have a Wonderful Time - Eddie Cantor
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?