Saturday 1 November 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 1, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Secondari and Hermann Bondi.
Scarlet Days, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1919!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1919 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- John Secondari: Rome, Italy -- Newscaster (Open Hearing).
- Hermann Bondi: English-Austrian mathematician and cosmologist (d. 2005).
- The Coal Strike of 1919 begins. The United Mine Workers under John L. Lewis announce a strike for November 1, 1919. Final agreement comes on December 10.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mandy - Shannon Four
- Breeze (Blow My Baby Back to Me) - American Quartet