Sunday 17 August 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 17, 1913). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include W Mark Felt and Oscar Alfredo Galvez.
An Old Man's Love Story, directed by Van Dyke Brooke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 August 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1913 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- W Mark Felt: American Watergate figure (Born 1913).
- Oscar Alfredo Galvez: Argentine racing driver (d. 1989).
- W Felt: American law enforcement official, an FBI agent and key figure in Watergate mystery known only as "Deep Throat" until he revealed his identity on May 31, 2005.
- Guy Stresser-Péan: French anthropologist, specializing in Mesoamerica, particularly the Huasteca culture of Puebla and San Luis Potosí.
- Menachem Begin: Politician.
- Oscar Gálvez: Argentinian race car driver (d. 1989).
- Rudy York: American baseball player and manager (d. 1970).
- Mark Felt: American lawyer and agent 2nd Deputy Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (d. 2008).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sunshine and Roses - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison
- Last Night Was the End of the World - Henry Burr