Sunday 17 August 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Oscar Alfredo Galvez and W Felt.
The Last Days of Pompeii, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while V.V.'s Eyes by Henry Sydnor Harrison was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1913 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Oscar Alfredo Galvez: Argentine racing driver (d. 1989).
- W Felt: American law enforcement official, an FBI agent and key figure in Watergate mystery known only as "Deep Throat" until he revealed his identity on May 31, 2005.
- Guy Stresser-Péan: French anthropologist, specializing in Mesoamerica, particularly the Huasteca culture of Puebla and San Luis Potosí.
- Mark Felt: American lawyer and agent 2nd Deputy Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (d. 2008).
- Oscar Gálvez: Argentinian race car driver (d. 1989).
- Rudy York: American baseball player and manager (d. 1970)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Last Night Was the End of the World - Henry Burr
- Sunshine and Roses - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?