Sunday 17 August 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include W Mark Felt and W Felt.
An Old Man's Love Story, directed by Van Dyke Brooke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 August 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1913 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- W Mark Felt: American Watergate figure (Born 1913).
- W Felt: American law enforcement official, an FBI agent and key figure in Watergate mystery known only as "Deep Throat" until he revealed his identity on May 31, 2005.
- Guy Stresser-Péan: French anthropologist, specializing in Mesoamerica, particularly the Huasteca culture of Puebla and San Luis Potosí.
- Oscar Alfredo Galvez: Argentine racing driver (d. 1989).
- Oscar Gálvez: Argentinian race car driver (d. 1989).
- Rudy York: American baseball player and manager (d. 1970).
- Mark Felt: American lawyer and agent 2nd Deputy Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (d. 2008).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sunshine and Roses - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison
- Last Night Was the End of the World - Henry Burr