Sunday 10 August 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Noah Beery Jr and Steven Nagy bowler.
The Last Days of Pompeii, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1913 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Noah Beery Jr: NYC, New York -- Actor (Rockford Files, Quest, Doc Elliot).
- Steven Nagy bowler: first to bowl 300 on TV (1954).
- Olivier Hussenot: French theatre and film actor, who appeared in French, Italian and US-American films.
- Noah Beery: Jr.
- Kalevi Kotkas: Estonian-Finnish high jumper and discus thrower (d. 1983).
- Wolfgang Paul: German physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1993)
- 2nd Balkan War ends, Treaty of Bucharest, Bulgaria loses
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?