Saturday 30 August 1913
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Allan David and Thomas Torrance.
Tess of the D'Urbervilles, directed by J. Searle Dawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while Laddie (novel) by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1913 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Allan David: Actor / director / producer (Cry of the Children).
- Thomas Torrance: Theologist.
- Richard Stone: English economist and statistician Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1991).
- Phillies lead Giants 8-6 in top of 9th, fans in bleachers try to distract Giants, Umpire forefeits game to Giants, later overruled
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Your Eyes Have Told Me What I Did Not Know - Enrico Caruso
- Mother Machree - Chauncey Olcott
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?