Sunday 31 August 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michiel P Gorsira and Sir Bernard Lovell.
Tess of the D'Urbervilles, directed by J. Searle Dawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1913 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Michiel P Gorsira: 1st Dutch Antillean in charge of Curacao (1951-67).
- Sir Bernard Lovell: English radio astronomer.
- Jacques Foccart: French politician, the chief adviser for the government of France on African policy as well as the co-founder of the Gaullist Service d'Action Civique (SAC) in 1959 with Charles Pasqua, which specialized in covert operations in Africa.
- Jean Courchet: St Rapha?l physician.
- Helen Levitt: American photographer and cinematographer (d. 2009).
- Bernard Lovell: English physicist and astronomer (d. 2012)
- Soccer club PSV forms in Eindhoven Netherlands
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Your Eyes Have Told Me What I Did Not Know - Enrico Caruso
- Mother Machree - Chauncey Olcott
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?