Sunday 31 August 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 31, 1913). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Foccart and Bernard Lovell.
Stars in My Crown, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 August 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1913 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Jacques Foccart: French politician, the chief adviser for the government of France on African policy as well as the co-founder of the Gaullist Service d'Action Civique (SAC) in 1959 with Charles Pasqua, which specialized in covert operations in Africa.
- Bernard Lovell: English physicist and astronomer (d. 2012).
- Michiel P Gorsira: 1st Dutch Antillean in charge of Curacao (1951-67).
- Sir Bernard Lovell: English radio astronomer.
- Jean Courchet: St Rapha?l physician.
- Helen Levitt: American photographer and cinematographer (d. 2009).
- Soccer club PSV forms in Eindhoven Netherlands
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Your Eyes Have Told Me What I Did Not Know - Enrico Caruso
- Mother Machree - Chauncey Olcott