Wednesday 13 August 1913
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anatoly Vasilyevich Bogatiryov and Francisco Escudero.
The Last Days of Pompeii, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while Laddie (novel) by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1913 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Anatoly Vasilyevich Bogatiryov: Composer.
- Francisco Escudero: Composer.
- Liesbeth Askonas: Concert agent.
- Lord Oram: British MP (Labour).
- Makarios: Greek ecclesiastic who served as an Archbishop as well as the President of Cyprus.
- Makarios III: Greek archbishop and politician 1st President of Cyprus (d. 1977)
- Fred Davis: English snooker player (d. 1998)
- F August Bebel: German social-democrat.
- Otto Witte, an acrobat, is purportedly crowned King of Albania.
- First production in the UK of stainless steel by Harry Brearley.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?