Wednesday 13 August 1913
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Makarios III and Francisco Escudero.
An Old Man's Love Story, directed by Van Dyke Brooke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1913 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Makarios III: Greek archbishop and politician 1st President of Cyprus (d. 1977).
- Francisco Escudero: Composer.
- Liesbeth Askonas: Concert agent.
- Anatoly Vasilyevich Bogatiryov: Composer.
- Makarios: Greek ecclesiastic who served as an Archbishop as well as the President of Cyprus.
- F August Bebel: German social-democrat.
- Otto Witte, an acrobat, is purportedly crowned King of Albania.
- First production in the UK of stainless steel by Harry Brearley.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sunshine and Roses - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison
- Last Night Was the End of the World - Henry Burr