Thursday 14 August 1913
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fred Davis and Franck Pourcel.
The Last Days of Pompeii, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1913 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Fred Davis: English world champ snooker player (1948-49, 51).
- Franck Pourcel: French popular orchestra leader (Born 1913).
- Ferruccio Tagliavini: Italian opera singer who made his tenor debut in Florence in 1938, after leaving his work as an electrical engineer to enter the world of opera.
- Hector Crawford: Australian director and producer (d. 1991).
- Paul Dean: American baseball player (d. 1981).
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?