Thursday 14 August 1913
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ferruccio Tagliavini and André Méric.
An Old Man's Love Story, directed by Van Dyke Brooke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 August 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1913 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Ferruccio Tagliavini: Italian opera singer who made his tenor debut in Florence in 1938, after leaving his work as an electrical engineer to enter the world of opera.
- André Méric
- Düsseldorf (Germany)
- Fred Davis: English world champ snooker player (1948-49, 51).
- Paul Dean: American baseball player (d. 1981).
- Franck Pourcel: French popular orchestra leader (Born 1913).
- Hector Crawford: Australian director and producer (d. 1991).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sunshine and Roses - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison
- Last Night Was the End of the World - Henry Burr