Wednesday 27 August 1913
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 27, 1913). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Kamen and Albert P Clark.
The Eleventh Commandment, directed by George Melford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 August 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1913 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Martin Kamen
- Albert P Clark
- Stewart Crawford: British diplomat.
- Albert Clark: American Lieutenant General,the sixth superintendent of the United States Air Force Academy near Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Arthur Benfield: Head of Cheshire CID.
- Nina von Stauffenberg: Russian-German wife of Claus von Stauffenberg (d. 2006).
- Donald MacKinnon: Scottish philosopher and theologian, Professor of divinity & philosophy and author.
- Donald McKenzie MacKinnon: Philosopher.
- Lt Peter Nestrov, of Imperial Russian Air Service, performs a loop in a monoplane at Kiev (1st aerobatic maneuver in an airplane)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Your Eyes Have Told Me What I Did Not Know - Enrico Caruso
- Mother Machree - Chauncey Olcott