Wednesday 27 August 1913
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur Benfield and Donald McKenzie MacKinnon.
Tess of the D'Urbervilles, directed by J. Searle Dawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while Heart of the Hills by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1913 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Arthur Benfield: Head of Cheshire CID.
- Donald McKenzie MacKinnon: Philosopher.
- Stewart Crawford: British diplomat.
- Albert Clark: American Lieutenant General,the sixth superintendent of the United States Air Force Academy near Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Donald MacKinnon: Scottish philosopher and theologian, Professor of divinity & philosophy and author.
- Nina von Stauffenberg: Russian-German wife of Claus von Stauffenberg (d. 2006)
- Lt Peter Nestrov, of Imperial Russian Air Service, performs a loop in a monoplane at Kiev (1st aerobatic maneuver in an airplane)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- With All Her Faults, I Love Her Still - Will Oakland
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?