Wednesday 27 August 1913
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Kamen and Albert P Clark.
An Old Man's Love Story, directed by Van Dyke Brooke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 August 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1913 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Martin Kamen
- Albert P Clark
- Stewart Crawford: British diplomat.
- Albert Clark: American Lieutenant General,the sixth superintendent of the United States Air Force Academy near Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Arthur Benfield: Head of Cheshire CID.
- Nina von Stauffenberg: Russian-German wife of Claus von Stauffenberg (d. 2006).
- Donald MacKinnon: Scottish philosopher and theologian, Professor of divinity & philosophy and author.
- Donald McKenzie MacKinnon: Philosopher.
- Lt Peter Nestrov, of Imperial Russian Air Service, performs a loop in a monoplane at Kiev (1st aerobatic maneuver in an airplane)
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Your Eyes Have Told Me What I Did Not Know - Enrico Caruso
- Mother Machree - Chauncey Olcott