Wednesday 20 August 1913
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 20, 1913). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Wolcott Sperry and Conrad Hermann Hubertius Maria Apollinaris Josten.
Stars in My Crown, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 August 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1913 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Conrad Hermann Hubertius Maria Apollinaris Josten: Jazz guitarist.
- Roger Wolcott Sperry: American neurobiologist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (d. 1994).
- Paul Maye: France sport Champion.
- Jean-Paul Dadelsen: France Writer.
- Roger Huron: Toulouse physician.
- Roger Sperry: American neuropsychologist and neurobiologist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1994).
- Piotr Nesterow 1st flight (Kiev Ukraine)
- above Buc, France, parachutist Adolphe Pegoud jumps from an airplane and lands safely.