Thursday 28 August 1913
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cornelius Cooper Johnson and Robertson Davies.
The Student of Prague, directed by Stellan Rye, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1913 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Cornelius Cooper Johnson
- Robertson Davies: author, dies at age 82.
- Richard Tucker (tenor)
- Boris Pahor: Slovenian writer.
- Robertson Davies: Canadian writer, playwright, newspaperman, editor, college professor and one of Canada's foremost men of letters, awarded the Governor General's medal in 1972.
- Jack Dreyfus: American businessman founded the Dreyfus Corporation (d. 2009).
- Lindsay Hassett: Australian cricketer and sportscaster (d. 1993).
- Robert Irving: English conductor and director (d. 1991).
- Terence Reese: English bridge player and author (d. 1996).
- Richard Tucker: American tenor and actor (d. 1975).
- John Terence Reese: Bridge master.
- Richard Tucker [Reuben Ticker]: Brooklyn New York; Tenor (New York Metropolitan Opera).
- Queen Wilhelmina opens the Peace Palace in The Hague.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- With All Her Faults, I Love Her Still - Will Oakland
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?