Thursday 28 August 1913
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cornelius Cooper Johnson and Robertson Davies.
An Old Man's Love Story, directed by Van Dyke Brooke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 August 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1913 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Cornelius Cooper Johnson
- Robertson Davies: author, dies at age 82.
- Richard Tucker (tenor)
- Robertson Davies: Canadian writer, playwright, newspaperman, editor, college professor and one of Canada's foremost men of letters, awarded the Governor General's medal in 1972.
- Jack Dreyfus: American businessman founded the Dreyfus Corporation (d. 2009).
- Lindsay Hassett: Australian cricketer and sportscaster (d. 1993).
- John Terence Reese: Bridge master.
- Terence Reese: English bridge player and author (d. 1996).
- Richard Tucker: American tenor and actor (d. 1975).
- Robert Irving: English conductor and director (d. 1991).
- Richard Tucker [Reuben Ticker]: Brooklyn New York; Tenor (New York Metropolitan Opera).
- Boris Pahor: Slovenian writer.
- Queen Wilhelmina opens the Peace Palace in The Hague.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Your Eyes Have Told Me What I Did Not Know - Enrico Caruso
- Mother Machree - Chauncey Olcott