Thursday 28 August 1913
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Terence Reese and Richard Tucker [Reuben Ticker].
The Last Bohemian, directed by Kertész Mihály, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1913 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- John Terence Reese: Bridge master.
- Richard Tucker [Reuben Ticker]: Brooklyn New York; Tenor (New York Metropolitan Opera).
- Boris Pahor: Slovenian writer.
- Robertson Davies: Canadian writer, playwright, newspaperman, editor, college professor and one of Canada's foremost men of letters, awarded the Governor General's medal in 1972.
- Jack Dreyfus: American businessman founded the Dreyfus Corporation (d. 2009).
- Lindsay Hassett: Australian cricketer and sportscaster (d. 1993)
- Robert Irving: English conductor and director (d. 1991)
- Terence Reese: English bridge player and author (d. 1996)
- Richard Tucker: American tenor and actor (d. 1975)
- Queen Wilhelmina opens the Peace Palace in The Hague.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 August 1913
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- With All Her Faults, I Love Her Still - Will Oakland
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?